Friday, November 27, 2009

Every Penny Matters

I saw a young mother with two small boys outside the grocery store today. One of the boys ran ahead and picked up a coin off the ground. "Thomas, put that down. It's filthy," his mother called.

"But, Mom, it's a penny."

"A penny. What could you buy with a penny? Nothing. A penny these days isn't worth the effort to pick it up off the ground." She had reached Thomas by then and tossed the coin aside.

You know, nothing frosts me more than hearing someone talk like there is an amount of money that isn't worth saving. You have to start somewhere. Ben Franklin said, "A penny saved is a penny earned." I think he said penny, not dollar, because he recognized that saving money begins at the smallest unit. Every penny matters. And in today's economy every penny matters more than ever before.

If you are throwing away pennies, then over time you are throwing away dollars. If you agree that every penny matters, I would like to share with you the tips I have found over the years that allowed me to keep more of my hard earned pennies. I think I can teach you a thing or two about saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment